Amitabh Bachchan born on 11th October 1942 in Allahabad. Bollywood’s Big B is most successful actor of Bollywood world and Amitabh Bachchan Celebrating his 73rd birthday.
- Amitabh Bachchan is ambidextrous hence, can write with both hands equally well.
- His father Harivansh Rai Bachchan wanted to name him Inquilab which means ‘revolution’ but later named him Amitabh which means ‘brilliance unlimited’.
- Amitabh Bachchan wanted to become an engineer and had even contemplated joining the Indian Air Force at one point of his life.
- Amitabh Bachchan has a sharp memory. He never forgets the birthdays or special occassions of his close ones and makes it a point to wish them each year.
- Amitabh first met his future wife, Jaya Bhaduri at the FIlm and Television Institute of India, Pune and later on the sets of ‘Guddi’.
Tweet This To Wish Sr. Amitabh Bachchan[tweetthis display_mode=”box” remove_url=”true” remove_hidden_hashtags=”true” remove_hidden_urls=”true”]Happy Birthday @SrBachchan pic.twitter.com/sFcESoIOG6[/tweetthis]
Interview With PTI Amitabh Bachchan
“At my age its difficult to get work, and I am no different from any other in such condition. Yes I have had three films this year – ‘Shamitabh’, ‘Piku’ and ‘Wazir’– and they have been most rewarding for me purely because of its diverse content,” Bachchan told PTI.
“I now have an addition to it in the shape of a TV show, ‘Aaj Ki Raat Hai Zindagi’. Its tough coping with all this altogether, but I endeavour. If it works I feel blessed. If it does not I shall have to work harder to overcome failure or disappointment,” he said
With age generally people retire to pursue some hobbies and interests, but Bachchan has been the busiest since he turned 60.
“I am happy that I still get some work to do. I would wish for that to continue so long as my body can take it.”
The legendary actor is excited about his new TV show but did not reveal much. “We work with a certain zeal and promise on all our projects and we hope that it finds appreciation. The results are with the audience. Their verdict is prime and supreme. We value that and work towards it,” he said.
“Life is filled with hardship and struggle and its vagaries, but life is beautiful too. One needs to celebrate that as well, and to celebrate those that make it possible for life to be beautiful,” he said.
It was “Kaun Banega Crorepati” that resurrected the career of Bachchan and the megastar thinks television as a medium in recent times has evolved a lot. “Television is a powerful medium. It impresses, it forms opinion, it informs and it has the capacity to build on its information too. It has a massive reach particularly in our country which boasts of approximately 800 channels,” he said.
“KBC was and is an example of how it could change an individuals life. A life changing experience for most humans is a once in a lifetime experience and KBC fulfilled that impression. This apart from its intrinsic quality of providing essential knowledge,” he added.
News Source : Indian Express